Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travelling out of US while transferring H1

Hi,
    I have my current I-797 valid upto September 2012 and my H1B visa is stamped upto September 2012 through Company A.
    Recently I got a job offer from company B and they applied for my H1B transfer. The transfer is approved 2 days back and I haven't got the approval notice yet in my hand.

What if I want to travel to India for 2 weeks and come back?

Can I come back using my previous I-797 from company A or is it mandatory that I should enter back into US using the new I-797 from Company B, If so is it necessary to carry a letter from the new employer about the vacation before joining them?

Thanks,
    Sornanathan

I have my current I-797 valid upto September 2012 and my H1B visa is stamped upto September 2012 through Company A.
    Recently I got a job offer from company B and they applied for my H1B transfer. The transfer is approved 2 days back and I haven't got the approval notice yet in my hand.

What if I want to travel to India for 2 weeks and come back?

---- If you already have the approval in hand you can always travel safely in and out of US

Can I come back using my previous I-797 from company A or is it mandatory that I should enter back into US using the new I-797 from Company B, If so is it necessary to carry a letter from the new employer about the vacation before joining them?

---- At the POE show your new I-797 and the visa stamp from your previous employer and you will get a new i-94 valid till the expiry of your current h1.

---- Ensure that your visa stamp is valid (even if it is from the previous employer) so that you can enter US at any time

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X