H1B Visa - Client Letter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa - Client Letter

H1B Visa - Client Letter - What should be specified on it?

Hi,

I am on a H1B Visa working in US. I will be going to India in Dec for stamping.
    I had a B1 Visa before. I also had a H4 Visa and while on H4 Visa, I applied for H1B and started working since the last 1 year.

Since I am a contractor, I am worried whether my client will be giving me a client letter or not. If my client is not going to give it, what are the possibilities?

My question is how frequently will a client letter be asked?

What all should a client letter state?

Could some one please provide some help on this?

Thanks!

Since I am a contractor, I am worried whether my client will be giving me a client letter or not. If my client is not going to give it, what are the possibilities?
    >>> If the VO insists on a client letter, then there is nothing much you could do. However, you can explain them the reason why you couldn't get a client letter and show other supporting documents like SOW between your employer and the client, which might help.

My question is how frequently will a client letter be asked?
    >>> Each case is different. It totally depends on the VO. It is hard to get such statistics.

What all should a client letter state?
    >>> Your Full name, Project duration, Roles & Responsibilities, When they expect you to join back after vacation etc on their letter head.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for your answers..!

I have couple of questions more..

1. I came to know hat we need to drop some of the documents 4 days before the Visa interview at the Hyderabad Consulate. (Not sure about other consulates).

Should it be in person or can anybody drop on my behalf?

2. I am planning to take Visa Interview at Hyd in the last week of December
      Typically, before how many days will the dates open for that?

3. In the list of documents it is stated that we need to take all the pay slips from the day we are employed.
      Did this rule recently change? (I suppose it used to be last 3 months payslips)

Thanks in advance!!

Comment

1. I came to know hat we need to drop some of the documents 4 days before the Visa interview at the Hyderabad Consulate. (Not sure about other consulates).

Should it be in person or can anybody drop on my behalf?
        >>> Few consulates need the documents to be submitted in advance. Check with the VFS helpdesk at Hyderabad for more information.

2. I am planning to take Visa Interview at Hyd in the last week of December
        Typically, before how many days will the dates open for that?
        >>> usually 2 - 3 weesk in advance. Sometimes, if thedates are full, then they open a month in advance.

3. In the list of documents it is stated that we need to take all the pay slips from the day we are employed.
        Did this rule recently change? (I suppose it used to be last 3 months payslips)
        >> 2 - 3 months of pay slips will do. However, it is better to carry more pay slips (at least 6+ months) which will give an impression to the VO that you have been working all these days and were never on bench.

Comment

Thanks you!!..

Comment

Sample Client Letter

Hi Shervin,..

Could you please share a sample client letter?

Should the client letter be on the company letterhead?

Should the client letter state that the role I am working in has Bachelors/Master as requirement etc etc..?

Should the client letter state the end date of the project?

Should the client letter state the Employer's company and vendor?

Should I take a vendor letter as well, for the visa interview?

I came to know that as per the new rules there shouldn't be a vendor layer. So, should I mention about the "Vendor" at all, in the documents/interview?

Thanks in advance
            Last edited by iwillsurvive; 10-29-2010, 12:15 AM.

Comment

Could you please share a sample client letter?
              >>> There is no fixed template. The client letter should contain your full name, designation (as per your H1B petition), roles and responsibilities and your employer's name. It should also include how long you will be on vacation and when you will be returning back to work. It should include the complete contact details of your client manager.

Should the client letter be on the company letterhead?
              >>> Yes.

Should the client letter state that the role I am working in has Bachelors/Master as requirement etc etc..?
              >>> Your roles and responsibilities at work. Your academic information is not required.

Should the client letter state the end date of the project?
              >>> Not required.

Should the client letter state the Employer's company and vendor?
              >>> Yes.

Should I take a vendor letter as well, for the visa interview?
              >>> Yes.

I came to know that as per the new rules there shouldn't be a vendor layer.
              >>> That is not true. If that was the case, all consultancy companies should have been closed by now.

So, should I mention about the "Vendor" at all, in the documents/interview?
              >>> If asked, yes.

Comment

Thank you so much

Thank you so much for your answers Shervin!
                You are an asset to this forum. Thanks!

Comment

Is client letter absolutely necessary for H1B visa transfer

Is client letter absolutely necessary for H1B visa transfer for consultants working at 3rd party client site?

I worked on H1B visa with an employer agency at 3rd party site for almost 2 years. I transferred my visa to H4 as I was taking maternity leave.
                  After 2 years I am having new employer agency which can transfer my visa and have 3rd party client where I will work.
                  But they have never asked client to provide letter for visa transfer. Hence they are skeptical if my H1B visa will be approved under premium processing. Can you please let me know if it is absolutely required to have client letter for visa transfer. or a letter from employer agency will be sufficient to transfer from h4 to H1B under premium processing.

would appreciate your responses.
                  Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X