H1B stamping after I-140 approval

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B stamping after I-140 approval

My H1B stamp on my passport has expired and hence I will need to get the visa stamped in my next trip to India. My H1B visa has been extended after stipulated 6 year due to PERM approval. The extension is for 1 year. I have heard that many people are getting stuck for months due to "adminstrative processing" where in a background check is performed.

My question is
    A. If I have an approved I-140 (USCIS performs a background check during I-140 petion review) will there still be a chance of getting stuck due to background checks when I go for visa stamping.

B. Will they stamp the visa only for the duration mentioned in the extension, or will they stamp automatically for 3 years since my I-140 is approved and am eligible for 3 year extension.

Any feedback is duly appreciated.

A. If I have an approved I-140 (USCIS performs a background check during I-140 petion review) will there still be a chance of getting stuck due to background checks when I go for visa stamping.
    >>> Possible. The process is not different because you have an approved labor / I-140.

B. Will they stamp the visa only for the duration mentioned in the extension, or will they stamp automatically for 3 years since my I-140 is approved and am eligible for 3 year extension.
    >>> Visa will be issued only till the expiry date of the approval notice.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X