Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Stamping Mumbai got 221g

Hello,

I have received 221g form with list of documents from my employer.
    As per the form, I need to go with the documents to the consulate and submit them to the same VO.

My employer is not ready to provide company tax returns, list of employees and wage report.

My Employer is a health care firm with more than 500 employees.

Rest of the list is already available with me.
    I am confused..

Is that possible / advisable to go without above docs ?

Please please guide me.
    Thanks in advance.

I have received 221g form with list of documents from my employer.
    As per the form, I need to go with the documents to the consulate and submit them to the same VO.

My employer is not ready to provide company tax returns, list of employees and wage report.

---- You can have your employer email these documents or fax them over to the USConsulate where you attended the interview.Let the employer provide the reference number of your 221g or other document tht you have submitted so that the Consulate officer can identify it with your name and case

My Employer is a health care firm with more than 500 employees.

Rest of the list is already available with me.
    I am confused..

Is that possible / advisable to go without above docs ?

---- You can submit all the other documents that are in your posession. After all this exervise wait for the Consulate to respond

Subrmanaya

Comment

how about the interview timeframe schedule
      Last edited by kalsbab; 08-25-2020, 04:52 PM.

Comment

I was issued 221g in hyd consulate last month. I came back to usa with my old h1b visa as it has one more month expiry date on it. Within how many days do i need to submit the reqd docs.? Also please tell what happens if I dont submit documents

---- Normally the US Consulate expects tht your documents are submitted as soon as possible or within a reasonable time (approx 2 months) for them to further process your case

---- Nothing will happen if you do not submit documents. They have no purpose of proceeding with your case and it will slowly be relegatted to the background and they may even close it one day if they find tht no codumtns are coming forward. It takes about a year to close the case

Subramanya

Comment

Originally posted by Subramanya View Post
          ---- Nothing will happen if you do not submit documents. They have no purpose of proceeding with your case and it will slowly be relegatted to the background and they may even close it one day if they find tht no codumtns are coming forward. It takes about a year to close the case

Subramanya
          I had my H-1B paper approved in 2008 and went for H-1B interview in August 2009 in Hyderabad but got 221g white form to submit some the employer documents. I had never received those documents from my employer so I did not submitted to VFS.

Its been more than a year now will the case closed by now?

I applied a new H-1 with another employer this year, will there be any effect of the previous 221g on the current H-1B?

Thanks,
          nkreddy
          Last edited by nkreddy_3; 11-01-2010, 01:22 AM.

Comment

I had my H-1B paper approved in 2008 and went for H-1B interview in August 2009 in Hyderabad but got 221g white form to submit some the employer documents. I had never received those documents from my employer so I did not submitted to VFS.

Its been more than a year now will the case closed by now?

I applied a new H-1 with another employer this year, will there be any effect of the previous 221g on the current H-1B?

---- You have already applied for a newe H1 with another employer. Just wait for the result of it and once you get go for the visa interview , get it stamped and come to the US. It is that simple

---- About the previous H1 stop worrying about as to what happens . Whether it takes som more time or it is closed does not matter to you. Even if it is opne and the case is being processed you will know if the USCIS sends you a letter about it

---- You can decideat that time what to do with it

Subramanya

Comment

Originally posted by Subramanya View Post
              --- You have already applied for a newe H1 with another employer. Just wait for the result of it and once you get go for the visa interview , get it stamped and come to the US. It is that simple
              Thanks for your comments. One more question please

1) While filling up the DS-160 form before going for the interview do I need to update the previous 221g details in that?

Because I understand that getting 221g is refusal of VISA and need to mention that in the DS-160 from.

Please let me know if my understanding is wrong?

Thanks,
              NKreddy

Comment

Please share your thoughts? Thank You

Comment

what is everyone responding for "where will you live/stay/work after the study?"

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X