Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 pending since 2 months

Hi,

My H1b was approved on first week of Aug this year. I was working on OPT and my status changed from this October.

Couple of days before I received my H1b approval, I had applied for OPT extension and after two and half months, I got deny letter a week before as some papers were missing. I send them an application to drop my OPT extension case.

I sent all required papers to my wife for her H4 application in September, her interview was on 3rd of September. Consular took her passport and told her that she will be informed once electronic verification process is done, they didn't ask for any papers or anything.

It is almost 2 months, and still in process. My wife is keep calling them and went to consular office so many times. They are always saying that they are not getting any response from US. They never replied my email also.

I tried to call Kentucky Centre, but they said they only work on DV or green card applications but not for any other visa.

I am just frustreated and confuse to understand what is going on. Any help will be highly appreciated.

Pending H4 Visa application is with the Department of State. USCIS has nothing to do with it. Your wife can give a call to VFS or send an email to the consulate to check the status of her application.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
      Pending H4 Visa application is with the Department of State. USCIS has nothing to do with it. Your wife can give a call to VFS or send an email to the consulate to check the status of her application.
      Yes, she called so many times and she went to VFS three times already. Yesterday she went to VFS and this time she was allowed to see consular. This consular was different than the one she was interviewed last time. Anyway, she called my wife and told her same thing - "Administrative process from US is taking time, we will inform you once we will get reply from US". But interesting thing is this consular took my wife's interview again, asking exact same questions. Though my wife replied all of them except the city name of my client company.

Comment

In such a case unfortunately there is nothing you or she can do but wait.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X