Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 Interview with H1 Petition approved

Hi All,

I got my H1B petition approved (2009) and my sponsor is still asking me to wait to accomodate. Please note that, I didn't go for H1 stamping!!

Well, now my current employer wants to file L1 and asked me to initiate the process.

Unfortunately, H1 sponsor asking to go for stamping and I have received all required documents. But they aren't sure about the joining dates!!

Can I start work on getting L1 now, travel with L1 and if required, Transfer to H1 employer (I have the H1 petition approved)?

If I go for H1 stamping as requested by my sponsor and let us assume that I get thru the interview.

Mean time, if I schedule my L1 interview in a short span(possibly 1 month), does this create unwanted confusions?

If I failed H1 interview, can I schedule my L1 interview with in one month from my H1 visa interview date?

Thanks much in advance!

Can I start work on getting L1 now, travel with L1 and if required, Transfer to H1 employer (I have the H1 petition approved)?
    >>> Yes. Your H1B employer or any new employer can file a COS from L1 to H1B (using the CAP from the existing H1B petition) and when that gets approved you can work for the H1B employer.

If I go for H1 stamping as requested by my sponsor and let us assume that I get thru the interview. Mean time, if I schedule my L1 interview in a short span(possibly 1 month), does this create unwanted confusions?
    >>> Usually the VO will let you have only one work visa at a time. So if you go for H1B stamping and get it stamped and go for L1 later, your H1B will most likely get cancelled.

If I failed H1 interview, can I schedule my L1 interview with in one month from my H1 visa interview date?
    >>> Yes.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X