Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B approved but not yet received documents via mail

Hi,

I have received the copy of I-797B approving H1-B via email from the attorney who filed my petition. I suppose this is not enough to attend the visa interview. I heard that I should wait for a physical mail containing all the necessary documents (including I-94) and only then I can attend the visa interview in my consulate. Is this true and if so any idea those documents might be ?

Thanks,
    Karthik

I-94 is not required for your H1B stamping. If you are outside U.S, then the approval notice will not contain the I-94. If you are inside U.S, then you need to return all your I-94's when you exit the country. However, the original approval notice is required for your H1B stamping. Check the list of required documents in the below link.

https://www.immihelp.com/h1-visa-stamping-documents/
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I am currently staying in Chennai, India. I currently have a scanned copy of the original I797B notice. Should I still wait for any physical mail from the attorney who filed my petition or is the information I currently have is enough to attend the Visa interview in the Chennai consulate ? My apologies for not being clear in my previous mail.

Thanks,
      Karthik

Comment

Did you check the documents listed in the link that I posted in my previous reply? It clearly states that you need the original approval notice (I-797) when you go for the visa interview. You will need to prepare all the documents in the link before you can attend the interview.

Originally posted by karthik3186 View Post
        Thanks for your reply. I am currently staying in Chennai, India. I currently have a scanned copy of the original I797B notice. Should I still wait for any physical mail from the attorney who filed my petition or is the information I currently have is enough to attend the Visa interview in the Chennai consulate ? My apologies for not being clear in my previous mail.

Thanks,
        Karthik
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X