X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need your thoughts on fresh H-1B Interview

Hello Guys,

Need your suggestions here.

I have attended the H-1B interview last year (Aug-09) and got a 221(g) white form to submit documents related to my H-1B employer (i.e. Wage form, Client letter, Employees List etc). However, I did not receive those documents from the H-1B employer and never submitted the documents to VFS.

Again this year I applied a new H-1B with another employer and the case has been approved with USICS and I will be attending an interview during Nov last week in Hyderabad.

I request your inputs on the below questions

1) If I attend the interview with my new H-1B will it creates any problem as I got a 221(g) in my previous H-1B interview?

2) If the consulate people ask me saying that did you attend any H-1B interview before with consulate should I say yes or no?

3) Do they hold any records of that previous interview?

Thanks,
    NKReddy

221g is considered as a Visa denial and you must mention it in your new Visa application. It should not affect the decision but if your new employer is also a consulting company it is highly likely that you will be asked for similar documents again.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
      221g is considered as a Visa denial and you must mention it in your new Visa application. It should not affect the decision but if your new employer is also a consulting company it is highly likely that you will be asked for similar documents again.
      Do I need to update the 221(g) info in the DS-160 form? Because the query mainly for previous H-1B employer so will it makes any effect to my new H 1B.

Recent H-1B is filed for me was an Educational institution and I hope they will not send me some of the documents related to wages and employee details as those details would be confidential for them. Also they are around 15000 employees works for this institution, sending details of these many employees would not be feasible.
      Last edited by nkreddy_3; 10-29-2010, 10:54 AM.

Comment

You will need to update 221g in the application, not doing so may be taken as misrepresentation. Make sure you give a detailed explanation of why your employer could not produce those documents.
        New employer should not be asked to provide these documents but their Annual Report or some other such document showing how they are a big employer will be useful to have. Also, be prepared to bash your previous petitioner in your answers.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
          You will need to update 221g in the application, not doing so may be taken as misrepresentation. Make sure you give a detailed explanation of why your employer could not produce those documents.
          New employer should not be asked to provide these documents but their Annual Report or some other such document showing how they are a big employer will be useful to have. Also, be prepared to bash your previous petitioner in your answers.
          Thanks for your suggestions brother. Now I will prepare myself to bash my previous employer.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X