Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dependand Passport expires before H1 Petition

Hi,
    I have received H1B petion in Sep2010 and valid till Jul 2013.

Next week (Nov 2nd week) i have Visa stamping appointment with Chennai office. and scheduled travell to USA 4th week of Nov 2010.
    I will be taking my wife and kids (daughter and Son) on H4 visa.

My Son passport expires in Oct 2011. Others(self, spouse and daughter's) passport expires in 2014.

Question here is:
    Visa stamped on my Son's passport will be till Jul2013 (H1 B petion validity date) or he will get only till Oct 2011.

Can i renew his passport after Visa staming?

Please advice.
    Thanks
    Sah

I have received H1B petion in Sep2010 and valid till Jul 2013.

Next week (Nov 2nd week) i have Visa stamping appointment with Chennai office. and scheduled travell to USA 4th week of Nov 2010.
    I will be taking my wife and kids (daughter and Son) on H4 visa.

My Son passport expires in Oct 2011. Others(self, spouse and daughter's) passport expires in 2014.

Question here is:
    Visa stamped on my Son's passport will be till Jul2013 (H1 B petion validity date) or he will get only till Oct 2011.

---- It all depends on the VO who makes the decision. It can be either way

Can i renew his passport after Visa staming?

---- Yes, you can always renew the Passport after the visa stamping. If the visa on the old Passport is still valid then carry both the Passports (old and new) to ensure that your son has a current valid Passport and a valid vis from the old Passport. Other thant his there should be no issues

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X