Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is my B1/B2 status

Hi everyone,

I for B1/B2 visa at 2007 and its valid upto 2017. I have been to US for couple of times at 2007.

For the third time at feb 2010 i have came to my headoffice at US in the B1 visa (got i94 upto 20/may/2010). At the mid of May month, my company filed a L1 petition and I was been staying at US (eventough the I94 was expired and I cont. to stay in US legal as I have applied for "CHANGE OF STATUS")

My L1 was rejected on 7/Oct/2010. So i have planned to leave the country by 2/Nov.. Now my problem and question is, Is my B1/B2 visa is still be valid or it would be invalidated.

I for B1/B2 visa at 2007 and its valid upto 2017. I have been to US for couple of times at 2007.

For the third time at feb 2010 i have came to my headoffice at US in the B1 visa (got i94 upto 20/may/2010). At the mid of May month, my company filed a L1 petition and I was been staying at US (eventough the I94 was expired and I cont. to stay in US legal as I have applied for "CHANGE OF STATUS")

My L1 was rejected on 7/Oct/2010. So i have planned to leave the country by 2/Nov.. Now my problem and question is, Is my B1/B2 visa is still be valid or it would be invalidated.

---- Your B1/B2 visa will be valid till May 2017, However you status in teh US is determined by the I-94 issued at the POE.

---- Rjection of L2 visa has nothing to do with your B1/B2 visa. Bothe are independent visa categories and rejction of any one visa does not affet the other

----If you want to be on the B1/B2 visa status you have to go out of the US and return back to the US get a I-94 at the POE and enter the US on a valid I-94 status baseed on B1/B2

Subramanya

Comment

Your B1/B2 remains valid. However, you may face issues when you enter U.S in B1/B2 the next time at the POE (Or at the consulate when you go for a visa interview) because your stay past the I-94 expiry date is illegal. If you stay illegally for more than 6 months, you could get up to a 3 year ban from entering U.S. Just applying for a COS from B1/B2 to L1 doesn't give you the right to stay past the I-94 expiry date.
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X