Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B stamping: company spin off & employment questions

Hi All,

I was working for company A since Sept 05 (starting with OPT & than H1B). In 2007 I had gone to India for vacation & got H1B stamped (validity March 2006-Mar 2009). In 2008 my division was spin-off as a separate company called Company B. Company B assumed all responsibilities of my division of company A including LCAs. Company B filed my H1B EOS petition which was approved (validity Mar 2009- Mar 2012). I plan to visit India soon & will need to go for H1B stamping again. I've following questions related to DS-160 & supporting documents.

1. My title has changed to "Senior Design Engineer" from "Design Engineer" a few months ago. The Job duties haven't changed. Do I need to carry any supporting document to prove that my Job is still the same ?.

2. DS-160 form present employment question
    I'll mention my employer as company B but do I also need to mention that company B is a spin off from company A and that my current job is considered continuation of earlier job at company A. ?. Just wondering because my earlier visa was with company A ?

3. DS-160 form Previous employment question
    The top of the page says “NOTE: Provide your employment information for the last five years, if applicable.”.
    And the next question is “Were you previously employed? “
    Wondering if this question means for past 5 years only or all of my history before that too. ?
    I’ve been working with company B/A since september 2005 so the answer is No for past 5 years.
    On the other hand if it includes duration before that than I had a few student jobs (Internship, RA, TA) that I'll need to mention.
    I've gone through the DS-160 guide on this website but the answer is still not clear to me.

Will be great if experts here can answer/clarify the above questions.

Thanks a lot !

Hi Guys,

Really need your advice on the questions asked, please reply, if not all than at least some of the questions (specially previous employment).

Thanks !!

Comment

1. No
      2. No. Does not matter
      3. Mention all jobs held in the past including TA/RA/Internships etc

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X