Concurrent H-1B question/concern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concurrent H-1B question/concern

Hello, I have H-1 Visa since last year with employer A and I have applied for a transfer to employer B. I am still waiting for the approval of transfer. I have a concern now employer A dont want me to go and employer B wants me to work for him. My question is can I have 2 full-time visas if i work 32 hours for one and 28 hours for other which are both their full time criteria.
    question 1- Can I have 2 full time h-1?
    question 2- will it be problematic for stamping?
    question 3- will it be of issue for GC?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. thank you.

question 1- Can I have 2 full time h-1?
    >>> You cannot work for 2 employers at the same time on H1B unless the 2nd H1B is filed as a concurrent H1B.

question 2- will it be problematic for stamping?
    question 3- will it be of issue for GC?
    >>> Not if it is filed as concurrent H1B and if it gets approved.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Re H-1 B concurrent.

thank you for your reply. what are the chances if H-1B was suppose to be change of employer?

any and every response would be appreciated. If you donot mind shervin can you please let me know if you had anyone who had this situation in past.

thanks

Comment

what are the chances if H-1B was suppose to be change of employer?
        >>> I am not sure what exactly you are asking. Are you asking if you can transfer your H1B to a new employer?

any and every response would be appreciated. If you donot mind shervin can you please let me know if you had anyone who had this situation in past.
        >>> which situation? You mean concurrent H1B filing? Yes.

Comment

Hello I am sorry My question is. Is it legal to work for two fulltime H-1b positions? Lets guess employer B mentioned change in employer not concurrent than can i work for both fulltime?

Comment

Did you read my first reply? Unless the 2nd H1B is filed and approved as a CONCURRENT H1B, you CANNOT work for 2 employers at the same time.

Originally posted by montyp View Post
            Hello I am sorry My question is. Is it legal to work for two fulltime H-1b positions? Lets guess employer B mentioned change in employer not concurrent than can i work for both fulltime?

Comment

H1B Transfer and GC filing

Hi,

I am in last year (6th year) of my H1B, valid till Oct 2011 - if I wanted to transfer my H1B to a new employer - is it possible? USCIS will approve my transfer?

Suppose if my new employer would like to start my GC process - can they do in the last year? Or process should have started before 5th year completion - meaning before 6th year starting - I would really appreciate your help on this.

Thanks
              Ken

Comment

I am in last year (6th year) of my H1B, valid till Oct 2011 - if I wanted to transfer my H1B to a new employer - is it possible? USCIS will approve my transfer?
                >>> Possible. The transferred H1B will be valid only till Oct 2011 (Assuming that is the end of the 6th year in H1B).

Suppose if my new employer would like to start my GC process - can they do in the last year? Or process should have started before 5th year completion - meaning before 6th year starting.
                >>> GC can be filed anytime. However, you will not be able to file the 7th year H1B extension without an approved labor and I-140. GC should have been filed before the end of the 5th year on H1B to get an extension based on the approved/pending labor (1 year) or approved I-140 (3 years).

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X