change employer in 8th year ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• change employer in 8th year ?

Company A --> Perm approved (priority date oct 2005) --> I-140 approved --> Joined company B

Company B --> Perm filed --> 3 year extension based on I-140 from company A --> Perm denied.

At this point, can I change jobs? What will be the H1 validity for company C? ------the priority date on I-140 is now current..

Can I still retain the old priority date?

PD can be retained. H1b extension will be only for 1 year now that the PD is current. If A has withdrawn the I140, you are in deeper mess. talk to your lawyer.

Try to go back to A if possible and have them file for 485. That is the best approach if that chance exists.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

thanks txh1b..

Going back to A may not be possible..My present employer B is saying they will file PERM again with corrections and hopefully it will be approved.

However, I'm trying to figure out if I should change jobs as the new employer will start from scratch as well.

The only thing is I have a 3 year extension for B..and you're saying that for company C the H1 transfer will be a 1 year duration..

pleas advise..

thanks again..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X