Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 to H1 Change of Status !

Hello everyone,
    I am currently working on L1 with an employer. Meanwhile another company applied for my H1 with COS through premium processing. Yesterday I received an email from the company's attorney saying that they received a courtesy email from USCIS informing them about my H1 COS approval.

But when I go to the USCIS website, the status is still in the acceptance stage. So, I just wanted to know, is it illegal for me to still continue to work for my L1 employer for a day or 2. I want to continue with my L1 employer till this Friday, and join my H1 employer from Monday. I haven't received any H1 documents from USCIS or from my Attorney and also as mentioned above the status hasn't changed either on USCIS website. Attorney mentioned that they will forward the documents to me as soon as they receive it.

I will be very thankful to everyone here who can please clear my doubts whether I am currently working legally or illegally on L1, considering I haven't received anything from USCIS on paper or mail.

Please help me !

Thanks,
    Vicky !

I am currently working on L1 with an employer. Meanwhile another company applied for my H1 with COS through premium processing. Yesterday I received an email from the company's attorney saying that they received a courtesy email from USCIS informing them about my H1 COS approval.

But when I go to the USCIS website, the status is still in the acceptance stage. So, I just wanted to know, is it illegal for me to still continue to work for my L1 employer for a day or 2. I want to continue with my L1 employer till this Friday, and join my H1 employer from Monday. I haven't received any H1 documents from USCIS or from my Attorney and also as mentioned above the status hasn't changed either on USCIS website. Attorney mentioned that they will forward the documents to me as soon as they receive it.

I will be very thankful to everyone here who can please clear my doubts whether I am currently working legally or illegally on L1, considering I haven't received anything from USCIS on paper or mail.

---- It is better to wait till you get the H1 approval papers and then join the company, although you can join them at this stage with the email confirmation

---- The USCIS website will take some time to be updated and there is no time period as to when it will be updated or any frequency of updating

---- Till you receive the H1 approval you are legal in working for the L1 employer and you are not considered illegal in that respect

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X