Apply H4 while process of H1B transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apply H4 while process of H1B transfer

I am working on H1B visa in Company A. Recently I have applied H1B transfer ( Regular ) to another company B. My family is not in US. I am thinking of scheduling thier consulate visa interview.
    Can i use my Company A documents to schedule dependent visa interview or Should i wait for my Company B approval documents.

Please help.

If you are still working with Company A, then they can go for the visa interview with Company A's petition. If you are with Company B now, then they will have to wait until you get the H1B transferred because it is advisable for them to carry your employment authorization letter when they go for the visa interview as well as your latest payslips (Which will be from Company B).
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Apply H4 while process of H1B transfer

Thanks for your response. Yes, I am working with Company A. I have paystups of Company A till now. I will switch my employer B next month.

As per your response, I dont have any issue for scheduling their interview. That is great to me.

I have another question on this. Once they got visa with company A documents, Can they enter into US with same company visa even after i switch my employer(Company B). Kindly advise.

Comment

H4 is not bound to any company. As long as they have a valid H4 visa and passport, they can enter U.S with your transferred H1B petition, which will get them an I-94 that will have an expiry date same as your transferred petition/I-94 expiry date.

Originally posted by mahathir View Post
        I have another question on this. Once they got visa with company A documents, Can they enter into US with same company visa even after i switch my employer(Company B). Kindly advise.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X