Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 b to H1 b with COS - urgent

Hi,

I am currently working with employer X on L1 b. Employer Y is interested in filing H1 b for me right now. I am going to complete my 5 yrs on L1 b on January 15th, 2011 (with recaptured time). My wife is on L2 visa. So my questions are,
    1. Do I have enough time to process new H1 (I have approx. 2 months)?
    2. To speed up the process, what can be done? Is there anything I can do from my side?
    3. If I am not wrong, I need to file with COS, is that correct?
    4. Is there any list of documents which I can start preparing proactively?
    5. Just in case If I get RFE, can it affect the process and will I be at risk because I only have total 2 months?
    6. If everything goes smooth, which is the best time I should stop working for Emp X and start working for Emp Y?
    7. Is there anything specific for my wife (L2) other than the usual documentation?

1. You have the info based on the duration. Go with Premium of the H1b. Cannot work on L1 as of the date of H1b approval.
    2. Nothing other than provide the info requested by the lawyers/employer.
    3. Yes
    4. Document list has nothing unusual that needs advance preparation.
    5. Possibly. WIth Premium, the 15 day clock restarts after the RFE response is received by USCIS.
    6. Immediately on H1b approval. Illegal to work on L1 after H1b COS is approved.
    7. None that needs advance prep.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X