RFE for original degree certificates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RFE for original degree certificates

I am currently on H4. I filled for H1 through a company with all the necessary docs. We received an RFE requesting for original degree certificates along with some other docs. I never heard of anyone sending originals for H1 filling. My concern is do i need to send all the degree orginal certificates of her or just transcripts attested by registrar is fine. If i send originals how are they going to send me back. Please let me if anyone was in this scenario before. This is first time filling of the H1 Petition. I am including the original rfe.

College/University Transcripts: Submit an original of the beneficiary's college/ university transcripts. Include all courses taken toward the degree.The transcripts must be signed and dated by the person in charge of the records. Additionally both sides of the sealed flap on the outside of the college of universitys envelope must be signed and dated by the person incharge of the records.

Original Documents: Provide the original degree and transcripts the beneficiary receive from Jawarlal Nehru Technological University. Do not send additional photocopies. Do not send an origianl document different than the one from which the photocopies were obtained.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank You.

USCIS no longer routinely requires submission of original documents or "certified copies." Instead, ordinary legible photocopies of such documents (including naturalization certificates and alien registration cards) will be acceptable for initial filing and approval of petitions and applications.

At the discretion of the officer, original documents may still be required in individual cases. Please be advised that USCIS no longer returns original documents submitted with the exception of Certificates of Naturalization, Forms I-551, Permanent Resident Card, Forms I-94, Arrival/Departure Document, valid passports, or those specifically requested by the officer. Such documents will be returned when they are no longer needed.

Since you were not required to submit the original but it was requested you must submit it but it will be returned. Include a note about "I want this original YYYY returned when you are done with it."

Comment

Seems i dont have any option other than submitting the originals. Where should we include note to request the originals. SHould i send them a seperate letter along with all the docs requesting them to send me back those certificates.

Comment

I have similar RFE for my H1-B Transfer, My employer send my Orginal degree Certificates to USCIS and attached return Fedex envelop. I received my certificate safely in a week.

Comment

Good to know someone also got the same RFE. Can you please let me know did you send them the original certificates along with official transcripts from university or just the originals.

Comment

send all documents that are mentioned/ Submitted while filing.
            No worries.. who is ur employer ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X