Applying for H1B now but already have a B1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for H1B now but already have a B1

I have my H1B visa interview next Friday and while I was browsing on the H1B stuff, I came across the B1 to H1B questions. After reading them, I have a question which I hope makes sense. This is my situation.

Currently, my H1B is sponsored by company Z in the US. Last July, when I was working for a company X in India, I got a B1 visa and traveled for business reasons to company Z twice last year. Later, I quit company X and joined company Y (again in India) and continued to work for the company Z. My question is : Will my B1 affect my chances of getting a H1B ? I ask because, the VO might think that I was previously on B1 and now I am asking for a H1B invalidating the purpose of B1.

Karthik.

I have my H1B visa interview next Friday and while I was browsing on the H1B stuff, I came across the B1 to H1B questions. After reading them, I have a question which I hope makes sense. This is my situation.

Currently, my H1B is sponsored by company Z in the US. Last July, when I was working for a company X in India, I got a B1 visa and traveled for business reasons to company Z twice last year. Later, I quit company X and joined company Y (again in India) and continued to work for the company Z. My question is : Will my B1 affect my chances of getting a H1B ? I ask because, the VO might think that I was previously on B1 and now I am asking for a H1B invalidating the purpose of B1.

---- Both the visa categories (B1 and H1) are independent of each other. On visa does not affect the other. The VO is not interested in any visas that you might have held now or in the past. When interviewing for H1, all queries will be related to h1 only

----- appearing for a H1 visa does not invalidate B1 and will have nothing to do with B1

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X