Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I travel to India on Dec - Change of status from h1 to f1, Approved.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I travel to India on Dec - Change of status from h1 to f1, Approved.

I Came to Pursue my masters on Aug 2007 and filed h1 after my graduation and got approved.
    Unfortunately, due to sudden layoff, I changed my Visa Status from h1 to F1 and got approved last year.
    My current F1 Visa is valid till Aug 2012.(But Currently in different school).
    My Current I-20 from the school is valid till Dec 2011 and "active" student at the school.

Can I traval to India this December?-Is their any risk at the Port of entry to re-enter? or I need to attend visa stamping again to avoid that risk even though I have Valid f1 visa.?

Any advise will be appreciated!

Thanks

I Came to Pursue my masters on Aug 2007 and filed h1 after my graduation and got approved.
    Unfortunately, due to sudden layoff, I changed my Visa Status from h1 to F1 and got approved last year.
    My current F1 Visa is valid till Aug 2012.(But Currently in different school).
    My Current I-20 from the school is valid till Dec 2011 and "active" student at the school.

Can I traval to India this December?-Is their any risk at the Port of entry to re-enter? or I need to attend visa stamping again to avoid that risk even though I have Valid f1 visa.?

---- You can return to the US on the exixting F1 visa that is stamped and valid on your Passport. At the POE show your new I-20 form and you should get a I-94 vsalid till that date

---- You should not eb encountering any problems at the POE if all your documents are in order and you have a valid F1 visa stamped on your Passport

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X