Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent Help required-To bring a servant/nanny

Dear All

I am a green card holder wants to bring a servant to USA to look after my children. Is it possible? if so under which category and how long it take/

Pls help

rgds
    PJ
    Disclaimer:I am not an attorney and this is not a legal advise. Please use at your own risk.

Nope, can't do it,

B-1 Domestic Employees may be sponsored by:

Employer Qualifications. When reviewing a domestic employee visa application, the Consular Officer must consider the employer's legal status in the United States. In addition to the other requirements described herein, U.S. law requires that the domestic employee work for an employer who falls into one of the following categories:

U.S. citizen employer temporarily assigned to the United States, who is subject to frequent international transfers lasting two years or more as a condition of the job as confirmed by the employer's personnel office and is returning to the United States for a stay of no more than four years; or
    an employer who is seeking admission into, or is already in, the United States in B, E, F, H, I, J, L, M, O, P, or Q non-immigrant status.

By regulation, neither domestic employees of U.S. citizens who permanently reside in or are resuming permanent residence in the United States, nor domestic employees of U.S. Legal Permanent Residents, can obtain non-immigrant domestic employee visas. If the employer of the domestic servant is a U.S. citizen who is moving back to the U.S. on a permanent basis, the employer cannot bring a domestic employee back to the U.S.

Note, in particular, that when we refer to the "employer" of the domestic employee, we are referring to both spouses, because each exercises control over the domestic employee. Thus, if only one spouse has a qualifying status, the domestic employee will not be eligible for a non-immigrant visa, because both spouses must have a qualifying status (e.g. a visa cannot be issued to a domestic employee whose employer includes a U.S. citizen spouse and a Legal Permanent Resident spouse, because Legal Permanent Residents are not qualified employers).

Comment

Thank you very much

HI

Many thanks for your quick response. Its really helpful

rgds
      PJ
      Disclaimer:I am not an attorney and this is not a legal advise. Please use at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X