H4 extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 extension

My wife's I-94 going to expire soon. I would like to know if I can file for extension of H4 on my own. I have valid H1B. It seems I need to file I539 but not sure if I can file on my own or not?

Thanks for any help.

Yes, you can.

Read the instructions to file I-539 here.
    https://www.immihelp.com/sample-inst...visitors-visa/
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

H4 Extension

Thank-you. Did any one filed recently on their own?
      let me explain clearly my situation:
      1. I had my H1B extension in 2008 at the same time my wife's H4 got extended till 2011 April with new I-94 attached to the approval.
      2. My wife went to India in 2009. while coming back at airport she was given I-94 valid till 2010-Dec. I think this was because her Passport is about to expire at the same time.
      3. Now I got the passport renewed. So I still need to file for I539?

Reason I want to wait for H1B extension is I am waiting for i140 approval... I have applied in July but based on current conditions I really doubt if I get the approval this month.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Search the forum for similar posts. You will have to file your wife's extension before her current I-94 expires. The application need to reach USCIS before the last date on her I-94 (USCIS usually advise people to file the extension at least 45 days in advance). Otherwise, extension of status will be denied.

Whenever your company file your extension later, they can also file your wife's extension again that time, so that both of your will get an I-94 that will expire at the same time.

Originally posted by chandu_k1 View Post
        Thank-you. Did any one filed recently on their own?
        let me explain clearly my situation:
        1. I had my H1B extension in 2008 at the same time my wife's H4 got extended till 2011 April with new I-94 attached to the approval.
        2. My wife went to India in 2009. while coming back at airport she was given I-94 valid till 2010-Dec. I think this was because her Passport is about to expire at the same time.
        3. Now I got the passport renewed. So I still need to file for I539?

Reason I want to wait for H1B extension is I am waiting for i140 approval... I have applied in July but based on current conditions I really doubt if I get the approval this month.

Thanks in advance.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

h4-extension

Thank-you, I am e-filing now.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X