X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Transfer instantly after getting it approved

Hi,

I have a case to discuss:

A company applied for my H1-B visa and it is approved as of last week. But due to some circumstances, I am not able to work with that company. I have joined a company in India and they are planning me to send on-site for 3 months for project which would work out for me based on my current situation.

I would like to know if it is possible to transfer the H1-B visa which was just approved to another company?

I have completed a MS degree in USA and my currently approved H1-B was from the Masters quota. If by any chance, the H1-B is canceled by the company through which it was approved, will I still be able to apply for another H1-B through the Masters degree quota?

Also, any other options for my situation mentioned above would be sincerely and highly appreciated. Thanks a lot!

Regards,
    ~Amit Rampurkar

Sure can be done. If you are outside the country, the issue of paychecks does not exist and the new company can file for the transfer. You need a copy of the I797 from the company or at the very least a receipt number.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hello txh1b,

Thanks a lot for your quick replies. I have a case number with me sent by the USA company. Will that work for in the case of transfer?

Also, if in any case, I have to file a fresh H1-B in future, will I still be considered eligible for the Masters quota? (considering that the USA company cancels my H1-B from their side).

Looking forward to hearing back from you soon! Thanks again.

Regards,
      ~Amit Rampurkar

Comment

Yes to all your questions. Once you have a MS, you can get under the advanced degree quota. No need of separate new visa number. A print out that shows proof that you are already counted is good enough. Copy of approval (i1797) is much better.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X