Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B premium RFE questions on tax return and W-2 forms

Hi All,
    I am transferring my H1B to another employer and I have got RFE 2 days ago. It says:

1. Please provide Suresh's W-2s for all years you were in United States in H-1B status.
    2. Please provide Suresh's Federal Tax Returns for all years you were in the U.S. in H-1B status.

I would like to get my 2007's W2 form by sending form 4506 to IRS. I have a couple of questions on form 4506.

1) Tax return requested. Form 1040, 1120, 941, etc. and all attachments as originally submitted to the IRS, including Form(s) W-2,
    schedules, or amended returns. Copies of Forms 1040, 1040A, and 1040EZ are generally available for 7 years from filing before they are
    destroyed by law. Other returns may be available for a longer period of time. Enter only one return number. If you need more than one
    type of return, you must complete another Form 4506. ©

What is "Enter only one return number"?

2) Year or period requested. Enter the ending date of the year or period, using the mm/dd/yyyy format.

If I want to get 2007th year W2 form, what is the ending date of the year? Is it Dec 31 or else?

3) Do I need to submit form 4506 to get a copy of W2 form or Is it enough to get a transcript? Will USCIS be OK with the transcripts?

Thanks
    Suresh

One date only means a seperate form must be filled for each return that you request. Since you file yearly return by calendar year, Dec 31 of the tax year you are requesting.
    IRS
    One suggestion, in the future try to save copies of everything. You never know what you will need when.

btw. does the RFE read 'Please provide Suresh's W-2s for all years you were in United States in H-1B status.'? Coz, I think it should read 'Please provide Suresh's W-2s for all years he was in United States in H-1B status. Just curious. :smile:
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Just walk in to your local IRS office. There is one in almost any mid-size city. Produce your ID and they can print your tax transcript for the past 4 years.

No forms needed. Pretty straight forward process. Been there...done that. No W2 was printed through. You may ask your employer if they have any copies of it.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X