Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• h1b ext applied after the visa validity but got new h1b by compB

Hi all,
    Iam In H1B status. My company A applied my extension after my visa & I 94 expiry date.But still now my case is in intial review for past 5months.In Btw i got offer from other company B and got my h1b approved in PP.My questions are 1)Whether my original h1b will be denied bec it is applied by comp A after my visa validity ? 2) If I join comp B now whether the new h1b will also be rejected after some months when the first h1b is rejected because the new h1b is applied with the reciept of old h1b.Please help me to take right decision by giving your inputs.Thanks in advance.

1)Whether my original h1b will be denied bec it is applied by comp A after my visa validity ?
    >>> There are possibilities that your EOS may get denied since the extension was filed after the I-94 expiry date.

2) If I join comp B now whether the new h1b will also be rejected after some months when the first h1b is rejected because the new h1b is applied with the reciept of old h1b.
    >>> No. If Company B's petition is already approved and if the approval has come with a new I-94, then you can continue to work for them. Rejection of Company A's petition will have no impact on the approved petition of company B.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks Shervin for ur reply.My new h1 b is applied and got approved now with the extension applied reciept no of my old visa.Since the extension is applied at out of status, I have a doubt that whether the new h1b is valid when the parent visa is rejected?.Thanks

Comment

Does your new petition approval notice have I-94 attached to the bottom? If yes, you are legal and you can work for the new employer. If no, you will need to leave the US, get H1 Visa and enter with the new petition approval notice to work for the new employer.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X