H4 denial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 denial

I recently moved from Company A to company B. Company A renewed my H1 petition and along with it my Wife 539 and EAD to Nov 2025 ( they did this in July 2022). My new employer( B) applied for my H1 in Oct 2022 and along with it also applied for my wife's H4. My H1 from new employer was approved and goes out till Sep 2025. Unfortunately My wife's application got a RFE - stating they need a original/good copy of the marriage certificate- which my attorney sent through. I just checked status of the case online now and shows the case was Denied.

I am trying to understand implication and next steps on this( also talkign to my attorney but wanted second opinion). I haven't yet got the letter from USCIS with the reasoning of Denial. In hind insight i assume my attorney should have not even applied given H4 is unrelated to my employer and only depends on my status. But now with this Denial does it change anything with the previous approval/I94? is there any way of appealing and getting the Denial off( assuming reasoning is marriage certificate or the fact that the H$ date is already Nov 2025) ?

As an update just got a letter back. It stays wife already has 797 taht goes out longer than the date that the extension is being requested for and hence the case is being denied- and its purely for administrative reasons. Will this have any implications( assuem need to carry teh letter always while travel) - btu any implications during stamping or while filling DS 160?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X