Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Montreal, H1B - Admin Processing. Stuck for about a month. Any one else ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Montreal, H1B - Admin Processing. Stuck for about a month. Any one else ?

Hi Folks,

I had my H1B visa interview at Montreal on the 25th October, 2010 for my change of status from F1 to H1B. This was a change of status interview and not for H1B stamping.

My lawyer let me believe that my visa interview should be a breeze, given my masters and legitimate (no contract / 3rd party employer) employment. But the visa officer had other plans. I have been stuck in Canada since then under the dreaded "Additional Admin Processing". I wasn't given any 221g and the consulate retains my passport. I am currently staying in Toronto, continuing my work from a partner company's office.

I have emailed the consulate several times and also contacted the state department's visa hotline but have gotten the same response of 'pending visa' each time.

I am wondering if anyone else is in the same boat as me. I am just looking for some company/advise in dealing with this. If any of you folks are in the same boat as me and would like to get in touch, please email me at my personal email address (obtainable from my profile). We might meet up (if you are in Toronto area) or exchange notes over email.

Thanks.

hi devesh. i am not sure if u r on this forum anymore. i am exactly in the same boat as you in 2012. interview at montreal, keept my passport and no 221g issued. its only been a week. was wondering what happened with ur case. please if u can reply. i am sure u know the stress am going through. thanks.

junaid

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X