Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prevailing wage changed in 2023. What do I do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prevailing wage changed in 2023. What do I do?

Hello,

My H1B started in Oct 2022 and while applying (in Jan 2022), the prevailing wage for my occupation and area was about 78K. I am a software engineer in the LA area.
    I just noticed that the prevailing wage on FLCDataCenter is now increased to a little over 80K.
    Does that apply immediately? Or am I good for the 3 years of my current visa? Or just this year? (Of course, I know I can use this to get a raise with my employer but)
    I just wanted to know the legal perspective of this.

Also, I feel and know that it is less compensation than most software engineers but I am worried that they might reject my request to increase the pay drastically, may be to 90K or 100K.
    And with the recession, switching is not an option. Any thoughts or suggestions on this?

I hope someone will reply to you, I also want to know about it. If you are a college student looking for help with your Literature Review writing, you can go to this website https://elizabethanauthors.org/ this website guides you on how to write your Literature Review, and it has also been very helpful for me when I am looking for online literature writing help.
    Last edited by MaryWilson; 03-27-2023, 03:58 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X