Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B visa requirement evaluation

Hi

i would like to work in the US with an H1B visa, but am not sure if i qualify for that. the H1B visa requires a bachelor degree or equivalent. it is also possible to hold an AA/AS degree with additional 6 years of work experience in the field. since my education is not so straight, i wanna get my credentials evaluated by www.thedegreepeople.com. i'm just not sure if it is better to just evaluate if my education is equal with an AA/AS degree, or if it is better to make a full evaluation which compares my education AND work experience with a bachelor degree. the full evaluation is just much more expensive.
    so any tips on that?

Greetings and happy thanksgiving to all

Simon

i would like to work in the US with an H1B visa, but am not sure if i qualify for that. the H1B visa requires a bachelor degree or equivalent. it is also possible to hold an AA/AS degree with additional 6 years of work experience in the field. since my education is not so straight, i wanna get my credentials evaluated by www.thedegreepeople.com. i'm just not sure if it is better to just evaluate if my education is equal with an AA/AS degree, or if it is better to make a full evaluation which compares my education AND work experience with a bachelor degree. the full evaluation is just much more expensive.
    so any tips on that?

---- The employer is responsible to get the certificates and degrees evaluated as per the job requirement. It should be none of your headache and nor should you gert involved with the process.

---- Your task is only to find an employer and leave the rest to tehm. If the employer needs your services then they must know all the formalities to be completed and keep you informed all the time and only seek the relevant information from you

---- Hope you find an employer soon enough so that your certifications and experience add up to the job requirement and not having a bachelor's degree is not a negative issue. The USCIS requires that all education adn experience should meet the criterias for the job as determined by the employer

Subramanya

Comment

thanks Subramanya for your answer.

the thing is that i don't wanna apply for a job here as long as i'm not totally sure that i really meet the visa requirements.

according to the USCIS i need to meet one of four criteria. this would be the one that i think i qualify for:

"Have education, training, or progressively responsible experience in the specialty that is equivalent to the completion of such a degree (Bachelor or higher), and have recognition of expertise in the specialty through progressively responsible positions directly related to the specialty."

that means i still need to meet the criteria "experience equivalent to degree". so the question remains: if i wanna be totally sure that i meet the visa requirements, would it be better to get a certificate that my education is equivalent to an AA/AS degree and then let my future company send this together with job letters of my past companies to the USCIS, or would it be better to get a certificate that my education AND experience is equivalent to a bachelor degree. i think btw that this could also help me to find a job here!

Comment

the thing is that i don't wanna apply for a job here as long as i'm not totally sure that i really meet the visa requirements.

according to the USCIS i need to meet one of four criteria. this would be the one that i think i qualify for:

"Have education, training, or progressively responsible experience in the specialty that is equivalent to the completion of such a degree (Bachelor or higher), and have recognition of expertise in the specialty through progressively responsible positions directly related to the specialty."

that means i still need to meet the criteria "experience equivalent to degree". so the question remains: if i wanna be totally sure that i meet the visa requirements, would it be better to get a certificate that my education is equivalent to an AA/AS degree and then let my future company send this together with job letters of my past companies to the USCIS, or would it be better to get a certificate that my education AND experience is equivalent to a bachelor degree. i think btw that this could also help me to find a job here

---- Well if you want to be doubly surer about your H1 application yes, you can get yout education and experience evaluated. This will also ensure that an employer cannot deny your evaluation (assuming that it is from an acknowledged and recognised agency)

---- All said and done the employer may also request an evaluation of your academics and experience from an agency of their choice. A few employers however, do accept the evaluation submitted by you

---- It is for you to find out which employer accepts your evaluation areport and which employer does not and accordingly you can make a choice with whom you intend proceeding

Subramanya

Comment

Hi , I am also planning to apply for H1B. can u tell the name of the consultant that you have approached and started the process..my mail id is vh.jones at yahoo com

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X