Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Stamping outside US

Hi ,
    I am currently working in US on H1 status.

My previous L1B visa and I-94 expired this year in Aug(2010).
    I am planning to go India in Feb 2011.
    So i need to get H1 visa stamping done.

MY employer is recommending to go to Canada for visa stamping as he argues in India it's taking lot more time due to administrative processing.

Although my point is that it may happen in Canada too.

So,I have all documents in place.I did not study in Canada/US but i do have Education credential evaluation done from a US organization called WES.

I want to know if there are any issues involved in going to US consulate in Canada for Visa stamping.How much typically is wait time ?

Anyone who had similar case .
    please suggest with your knowledge .

Thanks in Advance

I am currently working in US on H1 status.

My previous L1B visa and I-94 expired this year in Aug(2010).
    I am planning to go India in Feb 2011.
    So i need to get H1 visa stamping done.

MY employer is recommending to go to Canada for visa stamping as he argues in India it's taking lot more time due to administrative processing.

Although my point is that it may happen in Canada too.

So,I have all documents in place.I did not study in Canada/US but i do have Education credential evaluation done from a US organization called WES.

I want to know if there are any issues involved in going to US consulate in Canada for Visa stamping.How much typically is wait time ?

Anyone who had similar case .
    please suggest with your knowledge .

---- If you are confident and well prepared there should be no problem going to Canada and getting the visa stamped on your Passport

---- In the event thatere are problems at the US Consulate in Canada, plan your travel in such a way that you leave from Canada to India and appear for the visa interview in India.

---- Undoubtedly this (suggested) route will be a bit more expensive than flying out from the US directly. Well the decision is yours

---- Have alll the documents with you, respond to the queries requested by the VO and do not raise the topic of credential evaluation and other such issues that can trigger more questionsing and you should happily get your visa stamped at the US Consulate in Canada. REst, have faith in the almighty and trust yourself and you should be through (although it is easier said than done)

Subramanya

Comment

H1 Stamping outside US

Thanks Subramanya for your inputs on this
      I am indeed planning to go fully prepared regardless of outcome.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X