Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New H1B Petition - SOW valid only until 12/31/2010 - Will this be a problem to apply?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New H1B Petition - SOW valid only until 12/31/2010 - Will this be a problem to apply?

Hi,

I work for an MNC. My company is applying for a H1-B Petition in premium processing. Recently CIS has been asking for petitions to be submitted with Statement of Works. However the client i am working for the past one year has provided us with a Statement of Work only until 12/31/2010. This SOW will obviously be renewed/extended for a couple more years. But the SOW that we have now is valid until 12/31/2010.

Will this be a problem ? They are planning to apply H1-B Premium processing. But will it be a problem with the petition being approved if the SOW is valid until 12/31/2010?

Please help. Need inputs to proceed on the same. Your suggestions are highly appreciated. I am sure many might have gone through this!!

Thanks

Possible for the extension to be only granted until 12/31 by USCIS and you may have to file for another extension after you get the contract extended.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Prasad

Hi Pradeep,

Even my employer sent SOW valid uptill 12/31/2011 while filing petition.
      Could you please let me know whether USCIS will consider my petition?
      if in case if they consider my petition, let me know what would be the chances of getting the visa. as my SOW shows uptill 12th december.

Thanks,
      Prasad.

Originally posted by sppradeep View Post
      Hi,

I work for an MNC. My company is applying for a H1-B Petition in premium processing. Recently CIS has been asking for petitions to be submitted with Statement of Works. However the client i am working for the past one year has provided us with a Statement of Work only until 12/31/2010. This SOW will obviously be renewed/extended for a couple more years. But the SOW that we have now is valid until 12/31/2010.

Will this be a problem ? They are planning to apply H1-B Premium processing. But will it be a problem with the petition being approved if the SOW is valid until 12/31/2010?

Please help. Need inputs to proceed on the same. Your suggestions are highly appreciated. I am sure many might have gone through this!!

Thanks

Comment

Regarding SOW

Hi

My company is filing as my i-94 is expiring in 2-3 months, but petition and visa valid until 2017.
        SOW is until december only, so what would be new I-94 date... any idea?

is there chance my i-94 issues until sow end date?

Thanks

Comment

That is hard to predict. It is possible USCIS approves your extension only till the date mentioned in the SOW, unless you can provide a letter from the client stating that the SOW will be extended periodically when it is about to expire. It totally depends on the officer who handles your case.

Originally posted by simplyphani View Post
          Hi

My company is filing as my i-94 is expiring in 2-3 months, but petition and visa valid until 2017.
          SOW is until december only, so what would be new I-94 date... any idea?

is there chance my i-94 issues until sow end date?

Thanks
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X