Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent!! - duplicate H1 approval letter

Dear Sir,

I have been working in the US on H1B through employer A, since 2007. Last year I applied for extension and got it approved until Sep 30, 2012 with the same employer. Now I transferred my H1 to employer B and got a new approval notice valid ONLY until Sep 30, 2011!. It has a 'DUPLICATE' mark across the I-94 part and the Notice Type is written as 'Duplicate Approval Notice'. What does it mean? Is my previous approval notice still valid? What is my current H1 validity date, is it Sep 30, 2011 or Sep 30, 2012?

I am planning to go to India on Feb 2011, and need to go for stamping. What would be the visa date? Should I take both notices while going for stamping?

Please advise.

Thank you, appreciate your help.

Regards,
    Phil

The validity date on your current employers I-94 is what you need to go with. The I-94 date from the older employer is not valid anymore as you do not work for them. The new employer may have the labor approved for only 1 year or the contract may be for 1 year and hence the lesser validity of the I-94.

When you go for visa, only the current employer's I797 needs to be presented along with all other required documents.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X