Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS-160 some queries

Hi All,
    I have gone through the immihelp guide for filling DS160(v useful) and have some questions which I'm not quite sure what to answer.

Pls help

My Case: Came to US on H4 and subsequently got a H1 and working since then. Now going to India for H1 stamping

My Questions
    1. Have you made specific travel plans
    Yes. I have round trip tickets.
    what do I fill places you are going to visit. Just random tourists spots.

2. Have you been ten printed
    I dont remember if I was ten printed but won't we be ten printed at the consulated before interview. What do I fill here

3. Are you applying for the same type of visa
    I think the answer should be 'No' as the prior stamp was H4. Pls confirm

4. Are you applying in the same country where the visa above was issued and is this your principal country of residence

I think the answer is Yes as I'm applying for H1 visa in India as well.
    Just doubtful if India is considered principal country of residence even though I'm consider non-immigrant resident of US. Pls confirm

5. Were you previously employed
    Is this question about previous US employers or Indian employers

6. Have you travelled to any countries in last 5 years
    I should say US..It sounds little dumb. Hence want to clarify

Thanks in advance
    M

My Questions
    1. Have you made specific travel plans
    Yes. I have round trip tickets.
    >>> Answer YES and provide itinerary as per your flight tickets.

2. Have you been ten printed
    >>> If you don't remember, then check with VFS or answer NO.

3. Are you applying for the same type of visa
    >>> Answer NO.

4. Are you applying in the same country where the visa above was issued and is this your principal country of residence
    >>> Answer YES.

5. Were you previously employed
    Is this question about previous US employers or Indian employers
    >>> Doesn't matter. Answer YES since you were previously working in H1B.

6. Have you travelled to any countries in last 5 years
    >>> Answer YES and list all the countries that you have visited (including U.S).
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Ten Printing at Chennai consulate

Does any one know when ten printing was started at Chennai consulate

Comment

Why don't you call VFS Chennai to get an answer to this question? Here is a similar post.
        http://www.immihelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71964

Originally posted by jminu View Post
        Does any one know when ten printing was started at Chennai consulate

Comment

Thanks for the link Shervin..
          My original stamping was in 2006

Comment

urgent reply needed can't wait until end of weekend

I submitted my ds-160 form, but didn't schedule an appointment yet. In the printed confirmation, i noticed places which may have mistakes:

1. ten printing: i have a b1/b2 visa stamped from the hyderabad consulate in 2011. I don't remember if i was ten printed then. Can somebody help let me know if ten printing started in hyderabad much before 2011 and that all candidates appearing in 2011 were necessarily ten printed? I answered it as 'yes'.

2. I did a paid internship for 3 months. Not sure if i need to answer 'yes' to the question 'Were you previously employed'. I answered 'No'.

3. can I fill up a new ds-160 form and use this new one to schedule an interview?

ps: interview slots are getting finished this month so i cannot afford to wait until monday to call the VFS office. I am not even sure if I can expect proper answers. I am hoping someone out there replies to this as soon as possible. Thanks a lot in advance for the help.

Comment

1. ten printing: i have a b1/b2 visa stamped from the hyderabad consulate in 2011. I don't remember if i was ten printed then. Can somebody help let me know if ten printing started in hyderabad much before 2011 and that all candidates appearing in 2011 were necessarily ten printed? I answered it as 'yes'.
              >>> If you don't remember, then answer NO.

2. I did a paid internship for 3 months. Not sure if i need to answer 'yes' to the question 'Were you previously employed'. I answered 'No'.
              >>> Answer YES if you have documents (experience letter) to prove the experience.

3. can I fill up a new ds-160 form and use this new one to schedule an interview?
              >>> Yes.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X