Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 transfer...question

Hi All,

I went to india last september, got married and went to stamping for my H1B and my wife got H4. We came back to US on october, then I changed my employer. I transferred my H1B with the new employer and i have got RFE for some documents. I didn't initiate any H4 transfer to my wife. I thought of doing it once my H1B got approved.

1) So in case, if my previous employer cancel my H1B, Can i still do H4 transfer to my wife?

2) If my previous employer don't cancel my H1B and if i do H4 transfer to my wife after 1 month, will USCIS asks any recent paystubs with my previous employer?

3) Now I need to give some documents to USCIS for RFE. At this time, can i transfer my wife's H4 to my employer?

Thanks,
    Suri

There is no such thing as H4 transfer. H4 has nothing do with your employers. As long as you are in valid H1B status and your spouse's I-94 (H4) is valid, that is good enough to stay legally in the country. You will need to file the extension of status for your spouse only when the H4 I-94 is about to expire (Extension can be filed 6 months in advance). Search and read the instructions to file form I-539 for extending the status of your spouse.

Some employers will file the H1B and H4 together so that both of you can have the same I-94 expiry date. However it is not mandatory for the employer to file the extension for the dependents.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X