Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221g Yellow slip in Hyderabad - returned passport

Hi,

I went for hyderabad consulate for fresh H1B interview. My H1B petition got approved in 2008, but I went for visa interview just now. I am working in Hyderabad right now.

VO asked me general questions about client, qualification, current employer and designation and gave a 221g yellow slip check marked few of the documents and gave it to me along with passport. Infact I have all documents listed along with me. But VO asked me to send in courier.

Does it means is my Visa application got rejected??? Shall I need to send my passport along with my documents? Any idea on how long the process will take in on around??? And how the process would be?

Much appreciate any responses suggestions on what to do and how to do....

Regards
    VSLB.

221g is not a rejection. Search for posts related to 221g in immihelp and you will find plenty of related posts. You need to submit only the documents listed in 221g. There is no definete timeline for 221g since each case is different.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Hi VSLB,
      have you got your VISA stamped. Hope you got ur VISA
      I have given my Visa interview on 29th Sep, 2011 and had received 221g Yellow form at Hyderabad consulate. Please let me know, how much time it took for you to get VISA after submitting all docs?
      Please give me your suggestion.

Comment

Hi, i attended interview on September 27, 2011 at Hyderabad
        But given YelloSlip to submit the documents.., you know some thing... no one is there except me at my counter.

There is enough time for VO to check the documents completely but simply gave the yello slip..
        not sure when i will get the response from them...

---- Lession learned...

Don't attend H1B visa interviews at Hyderabad, am sure lot of pending cases are there.., if you apply you are after all these pending cases ( might take 1 month to 1 year for sure), better to go chennai

Comment

Originally posted by jaswanth View Post
          Don't attend H1B visa interviews at Hyderabad, am sure lot of pending cases are there.., if you apply you are after all these pending cases ( might take 1 month to 1 year for sure), better to go chennai
          Just yesterday after my family's tourist visa got stamped I was thinking Hyderabad is the place to be for any visa interview. The consulate has just started and I think its pretty easy over there. Let me share my experience. I went for a H1 interview and was under the impression that the 'interview' itself will be in a hall with a huge table and a couple of people sitting across who will judge everything including the way I walk and dress etc. When I really went for the interview I mumbled to myself saying damn, its just a little better than a ra***ay inquiry counter. While waiting in the queue, the person before me was from a huge Indian IT giant. I could over hear the entire interview and the VO was so patient and professional. The VO was genuinely trying to help this bloke. The person giving the interview could barely form english sentences (Ex: I go US. Project work I, my company big company... etc) and I was thinking damn, he has pissed the VO off and my chances are already bleak. After the ordeal, nearly 3 minutes of an interview (that's a LONG time) it turned out that the candidate had not paid the fee !! (or some problem with his receipts or something). The VO still patiently called out 'Lobby manager, can you please help this guy and have the fee sorted out and let me know asap as I have to approve his visa'.
          So your assumption and suggestion that Hyderabad is not the place to be for interviews may not necessarily be valid. I don't understand what a yellow slip means. But just imagine, if there were cases pending why would the consulate want more pending cases (assuming yellow slip means the case becomes pending). The VOs are there just doing their job. They are extremely professional and courteous (atleast the ones I and my family have seen). They are all very well trained to know a persons/corporations real intent. For ex., I heard a MS employee was asked to apply later as he not going to the US will not affect any operations in the US.
          Just my 2 cents.
          This is my opinion. Not a legal advice

Comment

It is unfortunate that you received a 221g. But admin processing is not just to verify the documents that you carry. There is more to the admin processing than that. There are certain verifications that need to be done by the field officers in U.S and it cannot be done by a VO sitting in a consulate in India. So irrespective of whether there are 100 people in the queue or if you were the only person, if t he system would have triggered the flag for an admin process (let us say for a name check or TAL), there will certainly be a 221g issued irrespective of the consulate where you attend the interview. The Visa Officers are held responsible for anything that goes wrong in U.S and so they are extra cautious these days.
            Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Its just my suggestion friends, i saw practically so.., any ways good luck

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X