No announcement yet.

221(g) yellow form during H1B Visa stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, today marks the wait period to be 4 months long and still continuing.

Interview Date was : 29th Feb 2012, Mumbai Consulate.
    221g Yellow, No Documents asked.

No updates / communication received so far from US consulate, except the VFS reply few times that the case is still pending.

frustrated

Comment

• 221g green slip new delhi embassy

For me its 3 months completed....attended interview in 1st week of april ...221g green slip issued...submitted documents at the counter the same time...from then waiting to hear something from the consulate....

Comment

• H4 stamping 221g yellow slip July 6th FTE

This is shocking, my wife got visa refusal yellow slip for 221g admin processing.my wife and son got her passport without stamping even though I am FTE with a non-IT fortune 500 company.
        My wife and son had interview for H4 stamping at Mumbai consulate on July 6th and they didnt tell her stamping status and kept the passport.
        The questions they asked were,
        1) what visa you have applied: H4
        2) show latest payslip and original I-797
        3) is that your son joining with you for same visa

I am surprised that in the yellow slip they have asked for copy of I-797 even though we had submitted it four days before interview and VO saw the original I-797 during the interview too.
        Here is what they have asked to submit in 221g yellow slip,
        1) 221g refusal notice(yellow slip)
        2) passports
        3) CEAC barcode
        4) copy of I-797

also they have returned my sons visa appointment letter with PIMS written on it and on the 221g refusal notice(yellow slip) they have mentioned 'Admin Processing' under 'Other'.my child is not US citizen.

please share of someone has any comments/feedback or similar experiences to handle this.

Comment

• It clearly indicates that the yellow slip was issued due to the PIMS record not updated/available in KCC database.

It should be a matter of few days/weeks. There is an online pdf available on mumbai consulate website. Link can be found on the yellow slip. Search for ceac bar codes of your cases in the pdf. This report is mostly updated on a daily basis. As soon your bar code numbers are available in pdf, submit the requested documents as per the instruction on yellow 221g form to VFS and they will be good to issue the visa.

I have provided the information based on just my experience.

Good Luck. Be relaxed and keep patience, PIMS record updation cases normally resolve faster.

Originally posted by manijos View Post
          This is shocking, my wife got visa refusal yellow slip for 221g admin processing.my wife and son got her passport without stamping even though I am FTE with a non-IT fortune 500 company.
          My wife and son had interview for H4 stamping at Mumbai consulate on July 6th and they didnt tell her stamping status and kept the passport.
          The questions they asked were,
          1) what visa you have applied: H4
          2) show latest payslip and original I-797
          3) is that your son joining with you for same visa

I am surprised that in the yellow slip they have asked for copy of I-797 even though we had submitted it four days before interview and VO saw the original I-797 during the interview too.
          Here is what they have asked to submit in 221g yellow slip,
          1) 221g refusal notice(yellow slip)
          2) passports
          3) CEAC barcode
          4) copy of I-797

also they have returned my sons visa appointment letter with PIMS written on it and on the 221g refusal notice(yellow slip) they have mentioned 'Admin Processing' under 'Other'.my child is not US citizen.

please share of someone has any comments/feedback or similar experiences to handle this.

Comment

• Thanks Chirag for the kind words.
            My wife went on July 9th to submit her passport at VFS and they refused to take it and asked her to come back only after the case number appears on Mumbai consulate website.

Comment

• Well that was expected. If I could have replied earlier, that would have saved her trip to VFS office.

Anyway I hope you are clear now about the next steps.

Keep looking for bar codes daily in the online case status report.

Originally posted by manijos View Post
              Thanks Chirag for the kind words.
              My wife went on July 9th to submit her passport at VFS and they refused to take it and asked her to come back only after the case number appears on Mumbai consulate website.

Comment

• 221g-yellow-mumbai --> for B1, then for L1 and now for H1

In the same boat....Appeared for H1b stamping @Mumbai on 28th June'12, was handed over221g yellow form.
                I've been through this situation earlier as well at the same consulate...for my B1 and L1b...
                Admin processing on B1(2008) took 2weeks...on L1B(2009) it took 6weeks..Hope it doesnt take longer this time..
                My H1b stamping interview went for a really long time (25mins) compared to my B1/L1B interviews...there were a lot of questions asked...

One of my best friends who works in TCS had a real bad experience. His admin processing took 9months and finally he got a H1B visa valid for 32days..which just scares me...

My H1B is being processed by an US Co...will this be of any help?

Regards
                Mohammed

Comment

• Any particular reason for 221g yellow mentioned on the slip?

Originally posted by ras305 View Post
                  In the same boat....Appeared for H1b stamping @Mumbai on 28th June'12, was handed over221g yellow form.
                  I've been through this situation earlier as well at the same consulate...for my B1 and L1b...
                  Admin processing on B1(2008) took 2weeks...on L1B(2009) it took 6weeks..Hope it doesnt take longer this time..
                  My H1b stamping interview went for a really long time (25mins) compared to my B1/L1B interviews...there were a lot of questions asked...

One of my best friends who works in TCS had a real bad experience. His admin processing took 9months and finally he got a H1B visa valid for 32days..which just scares me...

My H1B is being processed by an US Co...will this be of any help?

Regards
                  Mohammed

Comment

• Originally posted by chirag221gyellow View Post
                    Any particular reason for 221g yellow mentioned on the slip?
                    Nothing. It's always been the same for me every time. They just issued a 221g yellow form, with the additional processing bullet point checked.
                    After reviewing quite a few forums, I assume that "Very Common Muslim Name" should be the reason.

Comment

• For me also it was issued with just admin processing bullet point checked. I think my case is gone for background check as its been more than 4 months now, and I did not receive any communication whatsoever.

Didnt mean to scare you, lets hope its just a name check again for you. I think that takes the least time of all other checks possible on 221g yellow. Good Luck and keep us posted with your case.

Originally posted by ras305 View Post
                      Nothing. It's always been the same for me every time. They just issued a 221g yellow form, with the additional processing bullet point checked.
                      After reviewing quite a few forums, I assume that "Very Common Muslim Name" should be the reason.

Comment

• @PiyushT , @shaha466
                        Guys any updates on your cases ?

Comment

• Originally posted by chirag221gyellow View Post
                          For me also it was issued with just admin processing bullet point checked. I think my case is gone for background check as its been more than 4 months now, and I did not receive any communication whatsoever.

Didnt mean to scare you, lets hope its just a name check again for you. I think that takes the least time of all other checks possible on 221g yellow. Good Luck and keep us posted with your case.
                          I hope so.....however, the trend seems to be of very long back ground check delays these days...
                          I had to miss a great oppurtunity after my L1B delay...and now, I've put my current job at stake by accepting H1B offer from an ex-client...I wish they understood these impacts and refined their process for a better turn around time.....

Comment

• Link for checking online status for New Delhi

Hi Ras, Can you provide me link for NEw Delhi.

Thanks

Comment

• Hey....I am not sure if Delhi embassy puts out the list everyday...You might already have this link where you can enter your case number and check the status..I'm sorry, I was not much help...

How long have you been waiting by the way??

Comment

• I am waiting since 2nd week of December 2011.

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X