H1B 221g to F1(Urgent)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B 221g to F1(Urgent)

I completed my masters in Dec 2007 and I have a valid H1 from then until 2011 and I came to india this october to get my visa stamped and the visa officer gave me 221g.I am not pretty sure how much time it may take and I am not sure whether I will get it or not,,,I am planning to apply for PHD program in some Universities .Please let me Know Is it legal to apply for F1 when my H1 is in Administrative processing?

I completed my masters in Dec 2007 and I have a valid H1 from then until 2011 and I came to india this october to get my visa stamped and the visa officer gave me 221g.I am not pretty sure how much time it may take and I am not sure whether I will get it or not,,,

---- You have to be patient and have faith in the system. Everything will out for the good. The time taken can pnly be pure speculation by anyone. Hope your case is resolved earlier and you get the response in quicker time

I am planning to apply for PHD program in some Universities .Please let me Know Is it legal to apply for F1 when my H1 is in Administrative processing?

---- Yes, you can pply for any academic program that you want and there is no restriction on that. H1 may be in administrative processing or any other stage. Even if it is denied you can still go teh F1 visa when it is approved and it will be treated as an independent visa category and will be awarded the F1 visa based on the merits of the case and your performance for that class of visa

Subramanya

Comment

Thanks for the info subramanya.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X