Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About H1B Visa

Hi,

I attended H1 visa on 3rd Dec and got 221(g) yellow form.visa officer hasn't asked for any documents.Probably it is under administrative process.Please let me know how much time it would take for this processing.

Thanks

No one can guess as it is case dependent.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Administrative processing

Hi all,
      I'd my interview on Dec 1st 2010 @Hyd. The VO asked me
      1. where I work?
      2. role in the company?
      3. asked for client letter
      Ans. I told her its a solar company...we send proposals, bid for projects, then design & install in house.

She made a face like she wasn't impressed/interested and told me that my application is under 'admin processing' gave me a questionnaire to fill and then I submitted my passport and few other docs along with it.

My mgr wrote to the DOS, HydConsul and they replied back saying they cant give any time frame or exact reason for this step, but said its mandatory and will do their work as quickly as they can.

1.Did anyone else who has been placed under AP in the past week or two, hear back from the consulate or had any progress on their case??
      2. Do we have any options other than just wait for their process to be done?
      3. Does the US consulate even care about the applicants situation...like their apt back in the US, bills to pay, loans, salary etc..??
      4. Also is it true that they prioritize the cases based on visa categories...F1 gets nod ahead of H1B because the school starts in Jan ??

Thanks for reading, I know this is a lengthy post..but like everyone I'm trying to figure out the wait times for these cases although they are case dependent.

Your replies are deeply appreciated. Thanks in advance,
      viddu

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X