Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Passports not received back (H1B and H4) from Delhi Consulate..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passports not received back (H1B and H4) from Delhi Consulate..

Has any one got delayed in getting passports back from delhi consualte? I have been getting message on VFS site that ''Your passport has not been handedover to VFS.....'' since last 7 business days. I have got 221(g) green form during my VISA interview on Nov 15 2010. With in 2-3 business days I submitted required docs and on Nov 24, I got mail from consulate to submit my passport. I thought I was lucky one to get response in 2-3 business days after submitting docs but it seems it was only half work done. After getting mail on Nov 24, I submitted my passport on Nov 26 at VFS Delhi which was sent to consulate on Nov 29 2010. As per my previous experience I was in impression that I will get it back in 2-3 business day so I booked my ticket last week end. Now I have come to know after going through few cases on this site that even after getting passport they have to further verify in PIMS database.

Does any one know how long it takes for petition details to get updated in PIMS database? My petiotion was approved on October 21 2010. I came to India on Nov 5 and submitted passport finally on Nov 26. Is one month not enough to get PIMS updated? Today I have sent mail to VFS though I am not expecting any satisfactory reply from them. Should we contact consulate for this? any one who has gone through this ordeal from delhi consulate, please suggest/share/advice.

-Chander

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X