Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Process after getting a 221g

Hi,
    Could someone tell me the process after getting a 221g (admin processing) pink slip? My wife got this slip while my H1 was approved (and we both went together). I was told only to wait and they kept my wife's passport.

Going through this forum, it appears some people filled out some form with basic information after getting a 221g. My question is, how and when did you guys get this form? Was it issued along with the 221g pink slip?

While checking the status of my wife's visa (http://chennai.usconsulate.gov/pdfs/...ases101208.pdf), I noticed that some people have 'SEND INFORMATION' as their status. What does this really mean? How will they be notified of what information needs to be sent? If its through courier/mail, is there any other way to expedite the process?

Thanks!

Could someone tell me the process after getting a 221g (admin processing) pink slip? My wife got this slip while my H1 was approved (and we both went together). I was told only to wait and they kept my wife's passport.

Going through this forum, it appears some people filled out some form with basic information after getting a 221g. My question is, how and when did you guys get this form? Was it issued along with the 221g pink slip?

While checking the status of my wife's visa (http://chennai.usconsulate.gov/pdfs/...ases101208.pdf), I noticed that some people have 'SEND INFORMATION' as their status. What does this really mean? How will they be notified of what information needs to be sent? If its through courier/mail, is there any other way to expedite the process?

---- The best way to know about such matters from the US Consulate is contact them via email. In the email mention all the detailsof your wife's casse adn they should reply you appropriately. You can then act upon it based on their reply

---- Altenately, you can wiat for the US Consulate to respond and then proceed accordingly

---- There is no way to find out any information unless you have been givena form to be completed adn all you can do is wiat till tehy respond with some information

---- Ubderstandably the wait is very long and frustrating but you to endure it for your own good

---- At best why such things happen can only be purely speculative and there is nothing much you can do about it

---- Hope everything turns out for the good and your wife should get the visa stamped on her passport sooner rather than later

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X