Need urgent help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need urgent help!!

My 6th year H1B expires in Aug 2011 and pending AOS/I-485 PD July 2007. Currently working as a Software Engineer and looking to move to a Manager, Software Engineering role, am I eligible to get the 3 year H1B extension ? If I move to the new company and new role what happens to my GC process ? I choose to lose the GC and just stay on H1B ? Would I still get the 3 year extension. Any thoughts on how I should proceed. Anybody did this ?

Please let me know!!

My 6th year H1B expires in Aug 2011 and pending AOS/I-485 PD July 2007. Currently working as a Software Engineer and looking to move to a Manager, Software Engineering role, am I eligible to get the 3 year H1B extension ? If I move to the new company and new role what happens to my GC process ? I choose to lose the GC and just stay on H1B ? Would I still get the 3 year extension. Any thoughts on how I should proceed. Anybody did this ?

---- If you are already in AOS your I-140 must have been approved and thus you should be eligible for 3 year extension of your H1B even if you change employers

---- As far as your GC is concenred you can port the priority date to the new employer and there should not be any problem in doing that.

---- If you want to lose the GC PD that remains your prerogative. If you do that you have to start your GC process all over again and wiat for the PD to be current and then apply for AOS

---- Speak to an attorney to clarify all these matters and then decide about proceeding forwards as there can be many issues involved in this process and only an attorney would be able to advise you n the right course of action

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X