Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When to join H1 job from L1 job?

Hello

I am currently in USA on L1B status with employer A. Employer B has filed an H1B petition with USCIS and I have the receipt number(Status: Initial Review) as well.

Q1: Did employer B filed a new "H1B" petition Or a petition for change of status(COS from L1 to H1) Or these both are same?
    Q2: If both are different, then how they are different?

Q3: My question is If my petition got approved then do I have to quit the L1 Job immediately Or I can still be on L1 job and later i can join H1B employer?
    Is it depend on how Employer B has filed a petition(Q1) and/or depends on whether I accepted/signed I-9 form for H1?

Please explain the different scenarios?

Thank You.

Your employer has to tell you if it was a COS or CP. If it is a COS, you cannot be employed by the L1 employer as of the day of H1b approval. It constitutes illegal employment.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Okay, i understand the case of COS. You mentioned about CP as well, What is CP and how it will be in case my employer filed CP?

Comment

Consular Processing. Get a visa stamp and return to work for the H1b employer.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X