Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deferring my Consular Processing

Hi folks,

I recently got picked in the 2nd round of H1B lottery. I'm currently on STEM OPT which expires on July 2025.

I was wondering if I could ask my employer to file my petition under consular processing and possibly go for stamping as it gets closer to my STEM OPT expiration date (July 2025). I am planning to travel internationally several times in between tho https://speedtest.vet/https://vidmate.bid/.

I know that while on STEM, I don't have to pay FICA taxes. Since I have 2 years left, I was wondering if I could take advantage of that and get h1b stamping as it gets closer to the deadline. Is this possible?
    Last edited by edrin88; 08-16-2023, 03:59 AM.

1. Review Your Situation: Before making any decisions, carefully assess your personal circumstances and reasons for considering deferral. Determine if there are any specific factors that make deferring your processing necessary or beneficial.
    2. Contact the U.S. Embassy or Consulate: If you have already been scheduled for a visa interview or have received notification to begin the consular processing, reach out to the U.S. embassy or consulate where your interview is scheduled. Explain your situation and inquire about the possibility of deferring your interview or processing.
    3. Provide Relevant Information: If you have valid reasons for deferring, such as medical emergencies, travel restrictions, family emergencies, or other unforeseen circumstances, be prepared to provide documentation or evidence to support your request.

Comment

Deferring consular processing typically refers to postponing or delaying the process of applying for a visa or other immigration-related matters that involve consular services, such as visa interviews and issuance. People may consider deferring their consular processing for various reasons, such as changes in circumstances, personal situations, travel restrictions, or other factors. It's important to note that specific procedures and requirements can vary based on the country and type of visa you are applying for.

Here are some general steps and considerations if you are looking to defer your consular processing for:
      1. Contact the Consulate or Embassy: Reach out to the consulate or embassy where you have initiated your consular processing. They can provide you with information on their specific procedures and requirements for deferring processing
      2. Reason for Deferral: Be prepared to explain the reason for your request to defer. Common reasons could include medical emergencies, travel restrictions, family emergencies, or changes in personal circumstances.
      Last edited by arhum5; 08-20-2023, 12:26 AM.

Comment

I was wondering if I could ask my employer to file my petition under consular processing and possibly go for stamping as it gets closer to my STEM OPT expiration date (July 2025). I am planning to travel internationally several times in between tho

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X