221g educational documents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221g educational documents

I received a 221-g green form at chennai consulate and they asked me to drop a list of documents including the originals or certified copies of educational documents at the VFS counter. Please help me to understand;

1. Is it safe to drop original educational document at the VFS counter and if you have done it and have you received it back safely ?

2. What do they mean by certified copies of educational documents ?

3. What is the average time it takes now for the 221-g processing ?

4. If the processing is delayed how can we request for the return of the documents we submitted ?

1. Is it safe to drop original educational document at the VFS counter and if you have done it and have you received it back safely ?
    >>> Any original documents retained by consulate will be mailed back along with the passport. If you handover any original documents, then write a cover letter listing all the originals that you are submitting and let the consulate know that you need them back once their processing is done. Email or call VFS helpdesk for more details.

2. What do they mean by certified copies of educational documents ?
    >>> It means, notorized copies of the original documents. A certified copy is a copy (often a photocopy) of a primary document, that has on it an endorsement or certificate that it is a true copy of the primary document. It does not certify that the primary document is genuine, only that it is a true copy of the primary document.

3. What is the average time it takes now for the 221-g processing ?
    >>> No one can predict as each case is different. Search and read about the posts in immihelp that are related to admin processing or 221g cases.

4. If the processing is delayed how can we request for the return of the documents we submitted?
    >>> Write a letter to the consulate that you want to withdraw your visa application and request them to send all your original documents back.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X