Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting for H-1B Extension from 6+ Months

Hi,

My extension was applied in May'10 and am waiting for its approval. My details are:

H1 filing date: 05/17/2010
    H1 type (New, Extension, Transfer): EXTENSION
    H1 filing type (Normal/Premium):NORMAL
    RFE issued date: None
    RFE issued processing center:NA
    RFE short explanation: NA
    RFE reply date: NA
    RFE reply type (FAX, Post):NA
    Case Status (Approval/Denial/Pending): PENDING
    LUD (Last updated date):10/08/2010
    Online Current Message: Initial Review

I want to know whether any one of you have pending petition in USCIS from this many months... Its been more than 6+ months.

Is it normal to wait for such a long time?

Thanks for your time!

Is your application filed at the California Service Center? CIS is taking a long to process the petitions. I know coupld of friends who have applied in the end of June and are still waiting for the approval. The normal process time at CIS is 130 days. If it has past 130 days, then you should ask your company attorney to take an info pass appointment with CIS to discuss the progress of your case.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      Is your application filed at the California Service Center? CIS is taking a long to process the petitions. I know coupld of friends who have applied in the end of June and are still waiting for the approval. The normal process time at CIS is 130 days. If it has past 130 days, then you should ask your company attorney to take an info pass appointment with CIS to discuss the progress of your case.
      Hi Shervin, Thanks for responding promptly.

My application is at VSC. I am past 160 days of I-94 expiry and filing the extension petition.

Comment

Ask your company attorney to follow up with USCIS. You will be in trouble if the petition ends up getting rejected (just in case) as you would have accumulated a lot of illegal stay post the current I-94 expiry date.

Originally posted by JavaJack View Post
        Hi Shervin, Thanks for responding promptly.

My application is at VSC. I am past 160 days of I-94 expiry and filing the extension petition.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X