X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H-B visa stamping

Hello,

My H-1B got approved last week.

Nowadays I am aware that there are lof of issues in getting the visa stamped in India. I have heard about a lot of rejects.
    Just to give my background. I did my Masters in US from a reputed university and got a job this year with Employer X who have direct relation with Client Y.

I have a few questions regarding H-1B stamping.

1) Which is a safe bet for H-1B visa stamping? Canada or India (Mumbai).I am from Mumbai.
    2) If I happen to go to Canada, and if in worst case my H-1B is rejected, then what would be the case?
    3) I work for my employer who are based in Virgnia. They have a branch in New York and I work in client site in New York. So when I come back, where should I be landing? New York/New Jersey or Virginia? I have heard of lot of cases of deportation from Newark airport.

Please advise.Would really appreciate if I get some sort of clarity on the above questions.
    Thanks very much in advance.

1) Which is a safe bet for H-1B visa stamping? Canada or India (Mumbai).I am from Mumbai.
    >>> Your home country would be the safest bet in case there is a 221g for admin processing or request for additional documents.

2) If I happen to go to Canada, and if in worst case my H-1B is rejected, then what would be the case?
    >>> You will end up going back to your home country from there.

3) I work for my employer who are based in Virgnia. They have a branch in New York and I work in client site in New York. So when I come back, where should I be landing? New York/New Jersey or Virginia? I have heard of lot of cases of deportation from Newark airport.
    >>> That was a one time mistake at Newark airport.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Just want to add few details addition to valuable details shervin gave-

>>> Your home country would be the safest bet in case there is a 221g for admin processing or request for additional documents.

You got your H1B last week. Will not suggest you to travel so soon untill not an emergency. Put some gap atleast 2-3 months. That will ensure your details are updated in PIMS at KCC. First if you get 221(g), there is no timeline. It may take 3-4 days to 3-4 weeks to 3-4 months. Depending on case. In my case it passport were asked in 3-4 days. However I also got H1B extension in october and travelled to India in november. Submitted passport on 29th nov but still havnt got it back. seems they didnt find details in PIMS and further verifying from USCIS through KCC. Go through all the posts on PIMS verification. Also if your employer is small or there may be that VO doesnt find enough detail of your employer or in past your employer has got few queries from INS, in that case VO may suggest/ask you to revoke your petition and ask to sponsor your H1 from different employer. This has happened with few including me. I however was not asked to revoke but to reconsider my decision to work with current employer. VO may say that in case you dont want to revoke, they will ask lot of docs of your employer against 221g which will take time in months. So be prepare for such questions and reply. My experience was in New Delhi consulate. All above I said is based on cases I have read on this forum and included my case. Each case is different.

>>> You will end up going back to your home country from there.

So your home country is better as in case of delay you can wait and have unwanted vacation
      >>> That was a one time mistake at Newark airport.

Any airport, same questions may be asked as VO asked. need to reply confidently about your employer/client. At port of entries thing are not bad untill case is genuine.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X