Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B - pink slip 221(g) case - at chennai consulate

Dear Immihelp members,

I have attended the H1B visa interview along with my wife and 2.5 yrs old kid on 2-Dec-2010. I have more than 10yrs IT exp and was well prepared and carrying all the documents.

During the interview, the VO asked very few questions about my experience, number of yrs of experience with current employer, Duration of the marriage and she asked my son's birth certificate for verification. After asking all these simple questions, she typed for some time and asked if this is my first H1 application. I said this is the second time and the first one - i appeared late in 2006 though petition was granted in 2005. That was put under additional administrative processing 221(g) and by the time the case got cleared my petition got expired and I didnt pursue it further.

Then, she told me that my visa application can not be approved right now and she needs to additional administrative processing this time as well. I offered her saying that i am carrying many documents and if I can help her clarify anything. Then she told me that "there is no doubt about your employer or about your experience. We need to carry some other additional checks before issuing the visa". She directed me to another counter, where an indian talked with me. He took all our passports. I mentioned about earlier H1 case and it took long time to get that cleared. He said "Dont worry sir, this time it wont take that longer. It will take 4-6 weeks." After entering some more details in his computer, he told me that "Dont worry sir, your visa is actually approved, but there are other checks to be completed." After hearing this, i was little relieved and wanted confirm with him and asked "Can I assume that my visa is actually approved?". He again confirmed and told me not to worry.

I am just praying that my case gets cleared soon. Please let me know your views and share your similar experiences.

Regards,
    Hassan

Maybe that wanted to do an administravive processing for the common name check.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

H1B - pink slip 221(g) case - at chennai consulate

Thanks for your reply Shervin.

Since I had gone through additional administrative processing for my earlier H1, will that help speed up processing this time (including common name check)?

And, this time they have kept the passports with them. Does this mean anything? May be they know the process will be fast this time?

I know that processing time depends on case to case, but sorry I am going through all these questions in my mind :-)

Regards,
      Hassan

Comment

If someone have similar experiences, please share them. May be, I can approximate the processing times using your data and derive confidence.

Thank you.
        Hassan

Comment

H1B - pink slip 221(g) case - at chennai consulate

Still waiting. Case status shows as 'pending process'. Others, pls share your similar experiences.

Thanks
          Hassan

Comment

Hey Hassan:

I am also stuck with the pretty much same scenario with common name check with chennai consulate. How long did it take for your clearance last time ?
            this would help me in getting an estimate.

thanks,
            mohammed.

Comment

When did you appear for visa interview? It took around 1.5 yrs first time. My petition was expired by that time and I didnt pursue it further.

I am just praying and hoping that it wont take this longer.

Regards
              Hassan

Comment

Hassan:

I am waiting since 1st July 2010 and the chennai consulate is holding the passp ort.It is over 6.5 months and I have Mohammed in my first name.
                This is the second time I am going thru this ****.

How long have u been waiting ? Let me know if u get ur clearance.

Comment

God's grace! Finally, visa is approved for myself and for my family. It took just more than 2 months in my case.

All the best to all others.

Thanks
                  Hassan

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X