Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA


No announcement yet.

L1A to H1B conversion

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • L1A to H1B conversion

    i have few questions.
    if i transfer from L1A to H1B what are the problems involved in general?
    once i get a transfer I have to start working from October 2005 only?
    But there is no stamping..how some one knows that i am on H1?
    i understand if i leave the country i have to get it stamped while travelling back to usa...

    If i have dependant on L2 what will happen to her status?

    once i get the transfer to H1 and start working on H1 to another employer..can i apply for Labour and GC ..?(i do not have a stamping in my passport...i will get it only if i move out of the country)...

    Is there any process where i can apply for Labour on L1A without my L1A employer knowing about that???

    can some one please answer my questions...


  • #2
    You can start working on H1 only from Oct 2005.

    You file for your wife's H4 when you file your H1. (Form I-539)

    You can apply for labor and GC with new employer.

    There is no way to apply for GC without employer knowing about it, because employer has to do it.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

    Visa and Greencard Tracker

    Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.