Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Documents Required for H-1B Visa Stamping

Hello,

I was on F-1 OPT and did my change of status to H-1B this year. I am going to India for H-1B visa stamping now. I had few questions regarding the required documents:

1. The original Notice of Action (Form I-797)
    I only have the bottom portion of the original form, the right side of which is my new I-94. The original top portion of the form is with my employer. I do have a copy of the original full I-797.
    So for the H-1B visa stamping, do I need to take the original I-797 from the employer or just carry its copy and the original bottom left portion of I-797?

2. Original Degree Certificates along with mark sheets
    The degree certificate that I received from my US university is very large in size. Do I need to carry the degree certificate or would a transcript be fine? Also instead of mark sheets, I have my official transcript. Is that fine?

Thanks!
    Last edited by crazee; 12-15-2010, 02:12 PM.

You need the original top portion from the employer.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

thanks.. i hv obtained the original top portion from my employer now..

how about original degree certificates??? do i just roll it and carry it along??? or are the official transcripts sufficient???

thanks a lot for ur help!!!

Comment

Carry the original degree certificate.
        https://www.immihelp.com/h1-visa-stamping-documents/

Originally posted by crazee View Post
        thanks.. i hv obtained the original top portion from my employer now..

how about original degree certificates??? do i just roll it and carry it along??? or are the official transcripts sufficient???

thanks a lot for ur help!!!
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X