Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport expiring and H1B Visa extn due

Hi,

My H1B Visa is expiring on 2-Feb-2011. My passport is expiting on 13-Feb-2011.

I have applied for a new passort to Houston office 1 month before ( I haven't got a reply till now)..

Please inform what needs to be done by me.. Should i go to Houston office ..Will that help.. What i need to do.. Please help me..

You can file for H1b extension and passport expiration has little to do with an extension. Even if asked for the renewed one in a RFE later on, you would possibly have it by that time from Houston.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Visa Extn

Great!! If that works thanks alot!! Let me see it works out..

Comment

Will going to Houston office any help..

Comment

You can try but if you have mailed the application, the suggested mail timings is what they would hold for that application.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Vusa extrension

Originally posted by txh1b View Post
            You can try but if you have mailed the application, the suggested mail timings is what they would hold for that application.
            Can i give 150 dollars and have it in tatkal!!

Comment

just call them and check the options. But as you are dealing with Indian Consulate, keep in mind that you will have to be ready for always busy numbers or strange answers. Thats why, it is always better to renew the passport before within 1yr of expiration. Recently, there are lot of suggetions/complaints for these services as we can't track it, its very slow, etc etc...but God knows when they will improve it.

Comment

In the same boat. Visa/I-94 expiring in Feb 2011, Passport in Mar 2011

Hey Rahul,
                I have the same issue. My H1B expires in Feb 2011 and my passport expires in March 2011. Let me know what happens to your H1b extension. I am considering applying for a H1b extension in Jan without waiting for fresh passport to arrive.

Comment

Originally posted by manipalspirit View Post
                  Hey Rahul,
                  I have the same issue. My H1B expires in Feb 2011 and my passport expires in March 2011. Let me know what happens to your H1b extension. I am considering applying for a H1b extension in Jan without waiting for fresh passport to arrive.
                  Hi,

mY visa EXTENSION is done by my company and for them to process the H1 X that passport should not expire in next 6 months. So i HAVE TO GET my new passport.

My best suggestion to you will be drive to Houston and get the passport in TATKAL scheme ( SLA is 3 days) amd apply for H1B extension.

Where you stay i am planning to go Houston next week. I am from plno TX. If you are in DFW metroplex we can share the car.

Thanks

Comment

Hi Rahul... I am based in the west coast, so I have to go to San Francisco. Just to let you know:

1. I asked a couple of lawyers who mentioned that in this situation, it is better to apply for a passport renewal. While that is pending, also apply for a H1b extension (not in premium processing, so that you get more time for your passport to come through) and include documentation indicating that you have applied for passport renewal also. If you do not have any proof, then include a letter. I am not sure how you can convince your company lawyers that this is valid advice.

I was under the impression that the Tatkal scheme is available only for medical emergencies, but I looked up the website again and I am not sure anymore.
                    Last edited by manipalspirit; 12-22-2010, 09:42 PM. Reason: Change facts.

Comment

Passport renewal for wife

Hi,

Passport is getting expired in March 2011 for my wife (she is on H4 Visa) .What are my options ?
                      Can I apply for a new passport for her without approved H1B ?
                      My I-94 and H1B Visa was expired in October 2010.
                      My employer has already applied for an H1B extension for 3 years ( since I have I-140 cleared )
                      Nearest Indian Embassy is San Francisco.
                      My passport is valid for another 4 years.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comment

Can I file H1 B with my passport which is expiring in Jun 2014

My passport is expiring on Jun-2014 and I have to apply for H1 B visa before 30-Mar-2014.I need following information
                        1. To process H1 B visa, do my passport needs to be valid for at least 6 months.
                        2. Can I apply for H1 B visa on 30-Mar-2014 with my passport which is expiring on Jun-2014.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X