Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traveling to India while H1B extension is filed

Hello!

I have a question regarding H1B extension. My H1B expires on Feb 23rd, 2011. My company has recently filed for H1B extension. My question is that if I travel to India and my H1B extension is approved while I'm there, would I face problems when I come back? From what I hear, according to the "last action" rule, I will get a new I-94 which will be valid only till Feb 23rd, 2011.

I will really appreciate any responses in this regard.

Thank you!

Search for questions on this topic in immihelp. It has been answered very frequently. Your extension could be denied if you leave the country when it is still pending with USCIS. If at all it gets approved (by USCIS not checking your exit record), then you will end-up with two I-94's which could cause issues figuring out when your status will actually expire.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Travel is not recommended. However, the extension will NOT be denied. Search for the word "cloning" and read the oldest posts.

These tips can help you find what you are looking for: Check the URL (web address) for proper spelling and completeness; Use our

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thank you shervin143 and txh1b for your quick responses!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X